The Executive and Development Operations Team of the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) is searching for an Administrative Assistant.
APIAHF influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC.
We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Oakland, CA. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be part of a dynamic team (including the Administrative Associate and Director of Executive & Development Operations) that supports the executive and fund development support functions across the organization.
Your day-to-day might look something like:
* Meeting Master. Assist in providing logistical and administrative support for meetings/events.
* Data Minder. Enter, organize and maintain data files in Salesforce and paper folders that will document and track our work.
* P &P Expert. You’ll be an expert on agency administrative policies and procedures, and be on hand to assist staff in navigating forms, reimbursements, etc…
* Travel Coordinator. You assist by arranging travel for staff and board.
* Team Cheerleader. You’d be a driver in ensuring fun and socialization. You’ll work with leadership to design fun and engaging organization-wide learning and social activities.
* Public Point of Contact. You’ll intake and manage any mail, telephone and email correspondence and inquiries, as well as, help answer the door.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum one year of office support experience
- You can demonstrate tech savviness via your mastery of diverse software solutions, and can quickly adapt to new technologies--particularly related to productivity
- You’re organized and can demonstrate great attention to and recall details
- You follow through on tasks effectively and efficiently
- Your verbal and written communications skills make you stand out.
- You’re proficient in PC environments and Outlook.
- You have experience and success in working with diverse communities, including communities of color
Skills and Knowledge
The Executive & Development Operations team will embody the rock foundation of the organization and this position will be the hub, the go-to support for all things administrative. We want a professional who can provide stability, follows through quickly, requires little direction and is a team player. We’re looking for someone with natural intellectual curiosity and flexibility. The ability to prioritize and reprioritize multiple tasks is essential. Because of this, you should demonstrate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, approachability, and a sense of humor!
- Experience in nonprofit organization working in health, public policy or related field
- Tech and social media savvy, particularly with Salesforce, Classy, and Concur
- Demonstrated experience working with Asian and/or Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander communities
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Pace of work is fast.
- Standing time required is (20%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required.
- Time speaking and listening: (range of 50-60%)
- Ability to travel by plan for long periods of time (range of 5-10%)
We offer a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, vacation and sick paid time off, 401K contribution and match, commuter subsidy, professional development fund, and paid sabbatical. APIAHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about us please go to www.apiahf.org.
Please use the Subject Line: “Administrative Assistant Search” and submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and specify where you heard about this posting to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: 510-419-0263.
Application Deadline: ##Position will be open until filled.##