Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Attention EA superstars! If you are someone who knows what it means to offer top-notch C-level executive support, read on.
We seek a motivated executive assistant who loves working in a dynamic environment with constantly evolving priorities. You are experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and cool head. This is a rare opportunity for an intelligent, versatile Executive Assistant to work hand-in-hand supporting and collaborating with forward-thinking and innovative non-profit executives.
The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity, and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland and has an office in Washington, DC, which focuses on policy and communications.
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting the CEO and the Executive Team. Specific duties include internal and external communications (oral and written), heavy scheduling and calendaring for all executives (3), travel arrangements and expense reconciliation, time & priority management, copy editing, conducting research and working with external partners. In addition, this role will also have administrative oversight of general office responsibilities.
The Executive Assistant may also provide administrative and coordination support for APIAHF’s Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide primary administrative support to President/CEO;
- Manage logistics for President/CEO’s external activities and agency related commitments;
- Organize and prepare information for President/CEO’s use in external and internal meetings, presentations and report generation;
- Manage President/CEO schedule/calendar and travel arrangements;
- Provide administrative support and scheduling for Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
- Provide administrative support, scheduling and travel arrangements for a national Board of Directors for monthly committee conference calls and quarterly in-person meetings
- Facilitate communications between President/CEO and the Board
- Coordinate agency Executive Team communication and activities with staff;
- Coordinate production and dissemination of executive reports, products and publications
- Office Management and Reception duties
- Prepare agenda, plan and organize meetings.
- Assist in planning internal agency functions, activities and events;
- Attend and assist with required agency wide functions, events, and meetings;
- Monitor, track and reconcile budget expenses (travel and contract)
- Special projects and perform other duties as assigned by President/CEO
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or seven years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities
- 5+ years experience as an Executive Assistant
- Three (3) years experience as primary support for an agency manager or director;
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a high level of diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to multi-task
- Experience interacting with high-level executives
- Excellent judgment and tact when dealing with sensitive issues/situations and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, analyze situations, develop effective solutions, and take initiative to facilitate the smooth operations and schedules for the executives and Board members; must be a good problem solver
- Experience in coordinating and organizing logistics and travel arrangements for national & local meetings & events
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet applications in a Windows environment.
- Experience interacting with diverse individuals and organizations
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Demonstrated experience working with Asian and/or Pacific Islander communities
- Experience working with communities of color organizations
- Experience or interest in health or public policy
- Bilingual/bi-literate in an Asian or Pacific Islander language
- Interest or experience in health or social services delivery
General APIAHF Roles:
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among clients and staff.
- Enforces policies and procedures, including maintenance of confidentiality, to ensure that the principles of APIAHF are implemented.
- Accountable for participation in decision making processes and understanding the outcomes.
- Understands the mission, values and principles of APIAHF and applies them in work responsibilities.
- Participates in other activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees as requested.
- Attends APIAHF and Board of Directors meetings, when required.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Pace of work is fast.
- Standing time required is (20%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required.
- Time speaking and listening: (range of 50-60%)
- Ability to travel by plane for long periods of time (range of 5-10%)
- Decision making impact: medium
- Bilingual Skills: Preferred
- License or credentials: Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Ability to drive, current license – Not required
- Other certificates or licensing requirements: None
We offer a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, vacation and sick paid time off, 401K contribution and match, commuter subsidy, professional development fund, and paid sabbatical. APIAHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about us please go to www.apiahf.org.
Please use the Subject Line: “Executive Assistant Search” and submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and specify where you heard about this posting to email@example.com or via fax: 510-419-0263.
Application Deadline: Position will be open until filled.