The keynote address focused on the national strategy to eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities and a plan of action to achieve health equity.
Opportunities for Achieving Health Equity in the Affordable Care Act
This session will explore how implementation of the Affordable Care Act at the state and federal level can be used to advance health equity.
- Community voice: Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act video, Native American Health Center
- Moderator: Dr. Sandra Hernandez, The San Francisco Foundation
- Representative Donna Christensen (Virgin Islands)
- Ruth Perot, Summit Heath Institute for Research and Education
- Priscilla Huang, Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Jenn Ng’andu, National Council of La Raza
- Ahniwake Rose, National Congress of American Indians
Lunch Featuring Tri-Caucus Members and Community Speakers
Panelists will speak about the importance of public-private in as a strategy for advocacy and public education.
- Moderator: Mee Moua, Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Representative Judy Chu (CA-32)
- Mayra E. Alvarez, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Community speaker: Shane Chen, Hope Clinic
- Community speaker: Margaret Gordon, West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project
- Community speaker: Raquel Portugal, La Clinica de la Raza
State and Community-Based Models for Addressing Health Disparities
This session focused on local and state-based initiatives and best practices for reducing racial and ethnic health disparities.
Moving Forward: Policy Solutions to Advance Health Equity
This session highlighted policy solutions and opportunities for advancing a health equity agenda.