The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Founded in 1986, APIAHF advocates on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity for AAs and NHPIs and other, diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC, which primarily focuses on policy and communications.
Location: Oakland, CA
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review general ledger entries and reconciliations on a monthly basis, and prepare financial reports.
- Review and analyze grant budgets, and monitor Federal and private grants expenditures.
- Prepare donation reports in compliance with specific financial account standards issued by FASB; analyze and evaluate donation metrics including donation amount, donor behavior, and effectiveness of fundraising events, and report the results to executives.
- Assist in preparing for external audit and federal audit.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of the regulation updates on accounting and taxation for non-profit organizations, and adjust or amend the related accounting procedures.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field plus two (2) years of experience in the job offered or in accounting. A Master’s degree in Accounting is acceptable in lieu of the 2-year experience.
Requires experience or coursework in federal and state taxation, preparation and reconciliation of accounting records and financial statements, enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, accounting information system, cost planning and control, and budgetary control.
Please submit your resume by January 23, 2020 to:
1 Kaiser Plaza, Suite 850
Oakland, CA 94612