Capacity for Health (C4H), the national capacity building program of the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) is searching for a Digital Media Production Manager.
APIAHF influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities.
APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
C4H is a national capacity building program founded in 1993 by APIAHF. We are an interdisciplinary team of public health practitioners, educators, and designers who come from non-profit organizations, health departments, and community health centers. With human- centered design at the core of our approach, we imagine new possibilities for operating successful organizations and public health programs and then make them real. We aspire to empower our clients with the tools to build healthier communities on the local, regional, and national level.
We’re looking for a Digital Media Production Manager to join our team in Oakland, CA. In this role, you will support a dynamic and creative team as we launch a new and exciting distance- based learning community for managers of nonprofit organizations. This position will lead the development of our Ending of the HIV Epidemic video, podcast, and social media series. The position will work with the content strategist, community engagement coordinator, and external subject experts on content creation and direction. The strategic nature of this role will involve a high degree of cross-functional collaboration across our entire team. Your work will involve and impact local leaders at under-resourced social impact organizations.
This assignment will end March 31, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and deliver video content from conception to completion including scriptwriting and development, pre-production, and post-production
- Manage highly creative and quality productions with different audiences
- Participate in brand, product, and creative meetings ensuring our videos, podcasts, and social media series have unified messaging and treatments with the learning community
- Develop content for social media campaigns from concept through completion
- Organize and manage status meetings with the team and necessary internal and external partners
- Assist with project and budget management for all multimedia projects
- Act as Editor, Motion Graphic Designer/Animator, and Colorist on large, mission-critical productions and campaigns
- Be comfortable operating camera and lighting equipment on both a technical and creative level
- Translate feedback from project stakeholders into meaningful direction and quickly provide forward-moving solutions
- Manage and prepare final deliverables/assets for output across various channels: website, social platforms, dealer sites, presentations, and more
- Work collaboratively with the Learning Management System Manager and Project Manager on creative direction of the learning community
- 3 years experienced in full-service video production: concepting, crafting story, producing, directing, lighting, shooting, editing, motion design, and asset delivery and archive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interview and interact with stakeholders
- Extensive experience with Adobe CC editing software such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, and fluency with other Adobe CC graphics programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Podcast production experience and ability to manage various host and guests
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- You’re creative and think outside of the box, especially in the context of working with complicated bureaucracies and government funded projects
- You can demonstrate accuracy in your work
- Basic understanding of nonprofit and social enterprise strategy
- You have experience and success in working with diverse communities, including communities of color, LGBT communities, and communities living with/affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Bachelor degree in Media Production, Film or other digital media related field
- 2+ years of experience in developing documentaries and/or non-profit video campaigns
- Experience developing national social impact media and video campaigns
Skills and Knowledge:
This position will embody the program’s values of entrepreneurship, innovation, expertise, continuous improvement, and optimism. We’re looking for someone with natural intellectual curiosity and flexibility. We want someone who thrives in constant change, follows through
quickly, and requires little direction. The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize multiple tasks is essential. You should demonstrate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, approachability, and a sense of humor!
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Work pace is fast
- Standing time required is (30%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required
- Time speaking and listening: (25%)
- Ability to travel by plane for long periods of time (5-10%)
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jamila Shipp, C4H Managing Director [email protected].
Open until filled.