Capacity for Health (C4H), the national capacity building program of the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) is searching for an Experience Assistant beginning April 1, 2019.
APIAHF influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities.
APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC.
C4H is a national capacity building program founded in 1993 by APIAHF. We come from communities of service providers, nonprofits, health departments, and healthcare organizations. We imagine new possibilities for operating successful organizations and public health programs—drawing upon innovation and best practices—and then make them real. We aspire to empower our clients with the tools to build healthier communities on the local, regional, and national level.
We’re looking for an Experience Assistant to join our team in Oakland. As an Experience Assistant, you will support a dynamic and creative team as we implement a distance learning program for non-profit managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Live Technical Support (40%)
- Will provide live tech support for training participants for all distance based collaboration and conferencing platforms including Slack, AdobeConnect, Zoom, and learning management
Calendar Coordination (20%)
- Will coordinate calendars for all trainers and participants for six multi-session distance based training programs, including synchronous experiences, assignment deadlines, individual coaching sessions, and all internal trainer meetings
Data Management (20%)
- Implement all data collection activities as directed
- Data entry into multiple systems
- Perform basic statistical analyses Administrative Duties (20%)
- Travel coordination for a team of 6
- Credit card reconciliation and other financial administrative duties as directed
- Meeting notes documentation
- Procurement and contract administration
- Planning internal agency functions, activities, and events
- Intake mail, telephone and email correspondence and inquiries
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, or a minimum of 4 years of experience in administrative support and data entry
- Demonstrated competence of distance based learning technologies and collaboration platforms
- Demonstrated competence of digital technologies
- You can demonstrate accuracy in your work
- You’re organized and can demonstrate great attention to details
- You follow through on tasks effectively and efficiently
- Your verbal and written communications skills make you stand out
- You are proficient in PC and Mac environments and Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and Knowledge
This position will embody the program’s values of entrepreneurship, innovation, expertise, continuous improvement, and optimism. We’re looking for someone with natural intellectual curiosity and flexibility. We want someone who thrives in constant change, follows through quickly, and requires little direction. The ability to prioritize and reprioritize multiple tasks is essential. You should demonstrate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, approachability, and a sense of humor!
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Work pace is fast
- Standing time required is (30%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required
- Time speaking and listening: (50%)
- You have experience and success in working with diverse communities, including communities of color, LGBT populations, and communities living with/affected by HIV/AIDS.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO [email protected]. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.