Capacity for Health (C4H), the national capacity building program of the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) is searching for a Production Coordinator.
APIAHF influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities.
APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
C4H is a national capacity building program founded in 1993 by APIAHF. We are an interdisciplinary team of public health practitioners, educators, and designers who come from non-profit organizations, health departments, and community health centers. With human- centered design at the core of our approach, we imagine new possibilities for operating successful organizations and public health programs and then make them real. We aspire to empower our clients with the tools to build healthier communities on the local, regional, and national level.
We’re looking for a Production Coordinator to join our team in Oakland, CA. In this role, you will support a dynamic and creative team as we launch a new and exciting distance-based learning community for managers of nonprofit organizations. This position will support the development of our Ending of the HIV Epidemic (EHE) video, podcast and media series and address technical assistance needs of SMEs and participants. The position will be liaison between the Project Manager, the Learning Management System Manager, and the Digital Production Manager on administration related to production and media tasks. The strategic nature of this role will involve a high degree of cross-functional collaboration across our entire team. Your work will involve and impact local leaders at under-resourced social impact organizations in communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and support on the creation and implementation multimedia content Coordinate video and podcast recording with hosts and guests.
- Participate in brand, product, and creative meetings ensuring our videos, podcasts and media has unified messaging and treatments with other mediums for the learning community and media series
- Support content creation for social media campaigns from concept through completion
- Coordinate scheduling and provide administrative support for status meetings with the team and necessary internal and external partners
- Provide social media and technical coordination internally and externally.
- Should be comfortable operating camera and lighting equipment on both a technical and creative level
- Contribute to the development deliverables and assets for output across various channels including: the online learning community, the website, social platforms, dealer sites, presentations, and more
- Work collaboratively with the Learning Management System Manager and Project Manager on creative direction of the learning community and EHE campaign
- Prior exposure to digital media production and an eagerness to grow in these areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with stakeholders
- Experience with Adobe CC editing software such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, and fluency with other Adobe CC graphics programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Some experience with social media messaging and posting on various platforms
- Familiarity with podcast conventions and aesthetics and knowledge of production cycles including scheduling, aiding in creating content plans, engineering, and editing episodes.
- You’re creative and think outside of the box, especially in the context of working with complicated bureaucracies and government funded projects
- You can demonstrate accuracy in your work
- Basic understanding of nonprofit and social enterprise strategy
- You have experience and success in working with diverse communities, including communities of color, LGBT communities, and communities living with/affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Bachelor degree or Certification in Media Production, Film or other digital media related field
Skills and Knowledge:
This position will embody the program’s values of entrepreneurship, innovation, expertise, continuous improvement, and optimism. We’re looking for someone with natural intellectual curiosity and flexibility. We want someone who thrives in constant change, follows through quickly, and requires little direction. The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize multiple tasks is essential. You should demonstrate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, approachability, and a sense of humor!
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Work pace is fast
- Standing time required is (30%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required
- Time speaking and listening: (25%)
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jamila Shipp, C4H Managing Director [email protected]
Open until filled.