The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA NHPI) populations. Founded in 1986, APIAHF advocates on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AA NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA, and has an office in Washington, DC.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Title: Community Engagement Coordinator / Manager
Reports to: Vice President and Managing Director of Programs
Duty station: Washington, DC or Oakland, CA
APIAHF is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator / Manager to engage and grow its National Network of community-based organizations, with an immediate emphasis on COVID-19 education and vaccination. Our Community Engagement Coordinator / Manager is the face and voice of APIAHF and its program. This is a highly visible role, with an emphasis on maintaining and developing organizational relationships.
More experienced candidates are encouraged to specify their interest for the Community Engagement Manager position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen APIAHF’s existing relationships with AA NHPI community-based organizations and cultivate new collaborative partners to disseminate culturally appropriate and linguistically accessible COVID-19 resources and materials.
- Develop and implement a community engagement plan targeting new AA NHPI community-based organizations.
- Research and identify appropriate partnerships to reach more AA NHPI communities.
- Assist in developing content and products to be used in community engagement efforts as well as engaging community members.
- Ensure effective planning, implementation, and evaluation of community-based organization activities.
- Plan and implement formal and informal partner convenings.
- Build awareness of APIAHF and its programs through community engagement with current and prospective community-based organizations.
- Ensure APIAHF provides proper recognition of each community-based organization for its support.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of related experience, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in either an engagement/recruitment role, business development, or digital community management.
- Client oriented skills with attention to detail and ability to follow up and finish tasks.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
APIAHF offers a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, vacation, and sick paid time off, 401K contribution and match, commuter subsidy and professional development fund.
Please send a cover letter, references and resume to [email protected], with the subject line “Community Engagement Coordinator/Manager.” Please specify which position you are interested in applying for.
Open until filled.