Capacity for Health (C4H), the national capacity building program of the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) is searching for a Community Engagement Coordinator.
APIAHF influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities.
APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC.
C4H is a national capacity building program founded in 1993 by APIAHF. We are an interdisciplinary team of public health practitioners and user experience/service designers who come from non-profit organizations, health departments, and community health centers. With human-centered design at the core of our approach, we imagine new possibilities for operating successful organizations and public health programs and then make them real. We aspire to empower our clients with the tools to build healthier communities on the local, regional, and national level.
We’re looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to join our team in Oakland, CA. In this role, you will support a dynamic and creative team as we launch new and exciting distance- based learning experiences for managers of nonprofit organizations. Our Community Engagement Coordinator is the face and voice of our program. This is a high visibility role, as this person will coordinate marketing, communications, public relations, social media, event planning, and content curation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Brand Awareness and Marketing (20%)
- Uncover insights from our program’s target population and use these insights to teach our team how we can attract new clients and grow our program
- Lead creative development to motivate our target population to take actions
- Design and implement go-to marketing strategies
- Monitor distribution of our distance learning products and consumer reactions
- Measure and report performance of marketing strategies and be able to assess ROI and KPIs.
Content Curation & Community Management (60%)
- Design and implement a content plan
- Create engaging content for all platforms including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, video, etc.
- Engage with our online community and respond to comments and requests
- analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics
- Relay feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Design and implement community communication initiatives for prospective clients, current clients, and program alumni
- Plan events for potential clients and program alumni at national conferences
Targeted Recruitment (20%)
- Design an enrollment pipeline of managers from HIV/AIDS service organizations from each 4 regions (West, Midwest, South, Northeast) of the U.S. and affiliated jurisdictions
- Develop relationships with targeted organizations
- Engage in targeted communication with potential clients to ensure successful application and enrollment into our distance learning programs
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of related experience, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in either an outreach/recruitment role, business development, or digital community management
- You are creative and think outside of the box, especially in the context of leading marketing in complicated bureaucracies and with government funded projects
- You demonstrate confidence in a digital environment and you learn new tech, fast
- You can demonstrate accuracy in your work
- You are organized and can demonstrate great attention to details
- You follow through on tasks effectively and efficiently
- Your verbal and written communications skills make you stand out
- You are proficient in PC and Mac environments and Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and Knowledge
This position will embody the program’s values of entrepreneurship, innovation, expertise, continuous improvement, and optimism. We’re looking for someone with natural intellectual curiosity and flexibility. We want someone who thrives in constant change, follows through quickly, and requires little direction. The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize multiple tasks is essential. You should demonstrate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, approachability, and a sense of humor!
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Work pace is fast
- Standing time required is (30%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required
- Time speaking and listening: (25%)
- Ability to travel by plane for long periods of time (5-10%)
- You have experience and success in working with diverse communities, including communities of color, LGBT communities, and communities living with/affected by HIV/AIDS.
Please send a resume and links to any social media profiles to Ben Cabangun, C4H Managing Director [email protected]
Deadline: Position open until filled.