The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Founded in 1986, APIAHF advocates on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity for AAs and NHPIs and other, diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC, which primarily focuses on policy and communications.
Position: Content Strategist
Location: Oakland, CA
Reports to: Managing Director, Capacity for Health
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Compensation: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
C4H is a national capacity building program founded in 1993 by APIAHF. We come from communities of service providers, nonprofits, health departments, and healthcare organizations. We imagine new possibilities for operating successful organizations and public health programs—drawing upon innovation and best practices—and then make them real. We aspire to empower our clients with the tools to build healthier communities on the local, regional, and national level.
As a member of APIAHF’s capacity building program, the Content Strategist at Capacity for Health (C4H) will craft and represent the voice of the new online learning community for nonprofit leaders. From our curriculum to our social media and marketing, you will create and manage a unified content experience that resonates with existing and potential members of our new learning community. This role requires exceptional and versatile writing and communication skills including copy editing, curriculum development, and the execution of content strategy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with subject matter experts to develop curriculum material and unique learning experiences that aligns with the vision of the community
- Liaise with graphic designers, media producers, and other creative vendors to enhance the quality and originality of the C4H learning experience
- Write and edit course content outlines, video/podcast scripts, interactive exercises, facilitator guides and other elements of instructional material
- Provide copy editing and proofreading to written materials produced by the team before publication
- Create style guides to use as reference and manage internal review and feedback loops with respect to brand style and content structure
- Help to curate professional development content related to organizational development, management & leadership, and continuous improvement in coordination with C4H leadership
- A Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related role or content area
- Experience in creating or curating program content for mid to senior level managers in the areas of leadership development, organization continuity and people management programs.
- Firm knowledge of instructional techniques and pedagogy, particularly in the online context
- A demonstrated ability to translate sophisticated content into accessible learning experiences and engaging course materials
- Fluency in digital, print, and multimedia platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Experience in developing and maintaining website content on WordPress content management system
- Passion for personal and professional development in the workforce
- Demonstrated competence of distance-based learning technologies and collaboration platforms
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in PC and Mac environments and Microsoft Office Suite
- You have experience and success in working with diverse communities, including communities of color, and LGBT populations, and communities living with/affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Experience with multiple collaboration platforms (i.e. Slack, Adobe Connect, Zoom, Moodle or other Learning Management Systems.
Skills and Knowledge:
This position will embody the program’s values of entrepreneurship, innovation, expertise, continuous improvement, and optimism. We’re looking for someone with natural intellectual curiosity and flexibility. We want someone who thrives in constant change, follows through quickly, and requires little direction. The ability to prioritize and reprioritize multiple tasks is essential. You should demonstrate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, approachability, and a sense of humor!
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Work pace is fast
- Standing time required is (30%) including walking
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required
- Time speaking and listening (25%
Position will be open until filled. Please send your application package (cover letter, resume, list of references) to [email protected]. Application packages should be addressed with the subject line: ‘Content Strategist’.