Title: Policy Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President of Policy & Advocacy, and Policy Manager
Position Duration: Full-time
Duty Station: Washington, DC
The Policy Coordinator role supports a dynamic, ambitious and creative policy team by providing policy tracking support; relationship management tracking and support; research, organization and general support for policy activities; and administrative and scheduling support to the Vice President of Policy and Advocacy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage schedule for the Vice President;
- Draft correspondence and disseminate among stakeholders;
- Project organization and monitoring;
- Work with F&A in managing Policy staff’s expense reimbursement, credit card reconciliation and other financial administrative duties;
- Travel coordination for the Policy Department;
- Manage meeting notes and documentation;
- Plan internal agency Policy functions, activities, and events;
- Intake and process mail, telephone and email correspondence and inquiries; and,
- Track, review and summarize policy research and reports on APIAHF issues;
- Monitor media coverage of health policy issues affecting AANHPI communities;
- Work with Policy staff to develop legislative and administrative strategies and conduct advocacy on behalf of AANHPI communities;
- Participate in Policy, Advocacy, network Development, and organization-wide planning and evaluation;
- Attend and assist with all policy and Advocacy Division organizational meetings, events and functions as required; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Implement data collection activities as directed;
- Data entry into multiple systems; and,
- Perform basic statistical analyses.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in administrative support and data entry.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to follow through on tasks effectively and efficiently;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); and,
- Proficient in PC and Mac environments and Microsoft Office Suite, and social media platforms.
- Washington DC, congressional staff or advocacy organizational experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in program coordination and management; and,
- Familiarity with social media platforms and project management.
- Possess understanding of or experience with public policy;
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and team environment;
- Scheduling and administrative experience preferred;
- Demonstrated interest or experience and success working with AANHPI communities.
- Additional Requirements
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Policy Coordinator”
APIAHF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.