The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (AA and NH/PI) populations. Founded in 1986, APIAHF advocates on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity for AAs and NH/PIs and other, diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland, CA and has an office in Washington, DC, which primarily focuses on policy and communications.
Position: Program Assistant, COVID-19 Response
Location: Oakland, CA or Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Managing Director, COVID-19 Response
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
We are looking for a Program Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will assist with strategic program planning as we support a national AA and NH/PI response to COVID-19.
The Program Assistant will support the following three projects entitled:
- ‘National Healthcare Workforce Infection Prevention and Control Training Initiative’
- ‘Forging Asian and Pacific Islander Community Partnerships for Rapid Response to COVID-19’
- ‘Engaging AA and NH/PI Communities in Adult Vaccinations”
This includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating projects, processes, procedures, systems, and activities and is responsible for staying informed on CDC guidance, requirements, and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the forging of partnerships with national and local organizations and convening a National AA and NH/PI COVID-19 Health Response Partnership.
- Collaborate with the Partnership to conduct rapid assessment of COVID-19 (including access to care, language proficiencies and cultural practices) in various sub-groups of AA and NH/PI communities at high risk for COVID-19.
- In collaboration with the Partnership and CDC, support the production of culturally and linguistically appropriate prevention materials and strategies related to COVID-19 testing, access to care, and vaccinations.
- Assist in providing information, technical assistance, training, and other resources to support the Partnership’s ability to adopt and sustain prevention and treatment strategies.
- Support coordination efforts around monitoring and evaluations.
- Assist in the reporting of lessons learned and promising practices in support of effective engagement, health promotion and community strategies for addressing the pandemic among target populations and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or other related field or 3+ years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities and authority
- Minimum of two year of relevant experience in project performance, monitoring and compliance, program evaluation, or capacity building
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in PC and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and compliance
- Experience working with communities of color in health, policy, healthcare, or other areas of disparities
- Experience working with community coalitions and developing cross-team collaboration
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of AA and NH/PI communities both locally and nationally
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills, especially working with culturally diverse communities of color
- Ability to support a large, complex project from conception to completion
- Demonstrated confidence and quick learning in a technological and digital environment
- Follow through on tasks effectively and efficiently
Salary & Benefits:
APIAHF offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, which includes medical/dental/vision health insurance, paid holidays and vacation/sick leave, and 401K contributions.
To apply, send a single PDF document with a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to [email protected] with the subject line “Program Assistant Application.”
APIAHF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.