Title: Program Manager, COVID-19 Response
Reports To: Managing Director, COVID-19 Response
Position Duration: 2 year assignment
The Program Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of APIAHF’s COVID-19 Centers for Disease Control grant programs. The Program Manager participates and supports the National AA & NH/PI COVID 19 Health Response and lead delivery of Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to AANHPI communities. This role manages all activities of this project including planning, coordinating, administering, developing communication materials, and evaluating project, processes, procedures, systems, and activities. The Program Manager is also responsible for staying informed on CDC guidance, requirements, and recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with other APIAHF functions and divisions to develop relationships and partnerships with national and local Community-based Organization (CBO) partners, create and implement work plans for COVID grant programs, and monitor and evaluate program progress and budgets;
- Work with CBO partners to identify program facilitators. Develop and provide programming materials;
- Work with CBO partners to identify programming needs, and lead with partners to deploy strategies for outreach and education. Provide capacity building and technical assistance to implement grant activities;
- Lead and/or participate in regular meetings with community partners to provide updates and share resources.
- Create communication products as needed. Coordinate with a communication consultant to develop and publish COVID-19 collateral .
- Manage evaluation efforts on project reports with assistance from CDC.
- Assist with administration duties, such as drafting contracts and grants, development meetings and event materials; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in program management, business or public administration, or other related field and 3+ years of related experience; or 6+ years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities and authority;
- Strong understanding of program and project management principles, and proven ability to develop cross-team partnerships;
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in increasing levels of responsibility in grant management, including but not limited to monitoring and compliance, program evaluation, and capacity building; and,
- Solid experience leading community coalitions or implementing policy or systems change initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competency, awareness of AA & NH/PI communities both locally and nationally, as well as the implications of national and local politics on AA & NH/PI communities.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to cultivate relationships with volunteers, and supporters of culturally diverse community coalitions and collaboratives.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills, especially working with culturally diverse communities of color.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to lead a large, complex project from conception to completion.
- Ability to effectively develop and communicate a project plan.
- Master’s degree in public administration or public health, or other related field with 2 years of increasing responsibility and authority;
- PMP or CAPM certification;
- Experience working with communities of color in health, policy, healthcare, or other areas of disparities desired; and,
- Domestic travel for this role may average 20%.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Manager, COVID-19 Response.”
APIAHF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.