Title: Project Associate
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Position Duration: Full time
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
The Asian Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) is one of the nation’s leading organizations that advocates for and supports health equity. By influencing policy and legislation, mobilizing local communities, and strengthening direct-care programs, APIAHF executes its goal of improving the health of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (AANHPI). A bi-coastal staff with offices in San Francisco and Washington, DC, a network of nearly two hundred AANHPI-focused community based organizations, and an active and dedicated board fuels APIAHF’s dedication to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for current and future generations.
The Project Associate role includes administrative, systematic, and creative support of all areas of the APIAHF Executive and Development teams for a national nonprofit organization. The Project Associate will be supervised by the Chief of Staff and execute elements of planning stakeholder meetings, fundraising, drafting communications, and calendaring. The work involves tracking and documenting project information, supporting key meetings and events, and general office administration duties. The Project Associate will provide administrative support as needed and undertake project tasks as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor project schedules, including scheduling, logistics, and coordination
- Special events planning, support, and logistics
- Manage data entry procedure and prompt receipt/acknowledgment to donors
- Assist in creating, producing, and sending mailings and email fundraising campaigns
- Assist with stewardship management, including proactive and reactive prospect research
- Record meeting minutes and manage follow-up action items and documentation
- General executive and development administrative support, including scheduling, coordinating travel, and maintaining expenditure reporting
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three (1-3) years of work experience in administrative support and data entry
- Strong Salesforce database skills a must
- Strong diplomacy and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and demonstrate a high level of service, responsiveness, and initiative
- Proven ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information with discretion and high ethical standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and solid project management skills
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player, self-starter, interested in personal and professional growth
- Excellent judgment and tact when dealing with sensitive issues/situations, confidentiality
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including a high level of diplomacy
- Demonstrated interest or experience working with AANHPI communities
- Working with executives and fundraising experience in a nonprofit environment
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required
- Domestic travel for this role may average 10%.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Associate”.
APIAHF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.