As the Oct. 1 open enrollment date approaches, APIAHF along with the Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO), Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles (Advancing Justice-LA) , and Asian Americans Advancing Justice-AAJC (Advancing Justice-AAJC) are rising to the challenge and working to get the word out about health reform in AA and NHPI communities.
As a collaborative, we are leading a major national outreach initiative to maximize enrollment for AAs and NHPIs and build the capacity to empower community-based organizations to serve and advocate for AA and NHPI health.
What we are doing:
- Outreaching to 250,000 AAs and NHPIs across 16 target states through coordinated partnerships with national, state and local organizations. *Aim to help 50,000 AAs and NHPIs determine if they are eligible for new coverage options and enroll in a plan that best meets their needs.
- Making sure AAs and NHPIs who need extra assistance, including limited-English proficient individuals, mixed immigration status families, small business owners and employees and young adults understand their health insurance options.
- Developing coordinated and translated materials to help AAs and NHPIs understand what health reform means.
- Supporting local, state-level and national organizations serving AAs and NHPIs.
- Tracking barriers to enrollment and monitoring civil rights enforcement of language access and access for eligible immigrants to ensure national and state agencies implementing health reform are accountable to AA and NHPI communities.