The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity, and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland and has an office in Washington, DC, which focuses on policy and communications.
Title: Senior Executive Administrator
Reports to: Chief of Staff – Executive Office
The Senior Executive Administrator will be responsible for supporting the CEO and the Executive Team. Specific duties include internal and external communications (oral and written), heavy scheduling, travel arrangements and expense reconciliation, time & priority management, copy editing, conducting research and working with external partners. In addition, this role will also have administrative oversight of general office responsibilities.
The Senior Executive Administrator also prioritizes and integrates overall APIAHF’s Board operations in addition to providing administrative and coordination support for the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide primary administrative support to President/CEO;
- Manage logistics for President/CEO’s external activities and agency related commitments;
- Organize and prepare information for President/CEO’s use in external and internal meetings, presentations and report generation;
- Manage President/CEO calendar and travel arrangements, assists executive team with calendar or travel arrangements as needed;
- Coordinate agency Executive Team communication and activities with staff;
- Coordinate production and dissemination of executive reports, products and publications;
- Office Management duties;
- Prepare agenda, plan and organize Executive and Board meetings;
- Prioritize and integrate overall Board operations;
- Assist in planning internal agency functions, activities and events;
- Attend and assist with required agency wide functions, events, and meetings;
- Monitor budget expenses; (travel and contract)
- Special projects and perform other duties as assigned by President/CEO
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 20 years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities
- 15+ years of experience as primary support for an agency manager or director
- 10+ years of experience as a Senior Executive Administrator or Executive Assistant to a President or CEO/ED
- 10+ years of experience managing Board operations
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including a high level of diplomacy
- Proven experience and skill with calendar management, travel arrangements, and proofreading
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to multi-task
- Commitment to quality and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience interacting with high-level executives and boards of directors
- Excellent judgment and tact when dealing with sensitive issues/situations
- Ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, analyze situations and develop effective solutions; must be a good problem solver
- Experience in coordinating and organizing logistics and travel arrangements for national & local meetings & events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet applications in a Windows environment
- Experience interacting with diverse individuals and organizations
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Demonstrated interest or experience working with Asian and/or Pacific Islander communities
- Experience or interest in health or public policy
- Bilingual/bi-literate in an Asian or Pacific Islander language
- Interest or experience in health or social services delivery
- Familiarity with board governance process
- Experience with BoardSource, Salesforce and Concur platforms
General APIAHF Roles
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among clients and staff.
- Enforces policies and procedures, including maintenance of confidentiality, to ensure that the principles of APIAHF are implemented.
- Accountable for participation in decision making processes and understanding the outcomes.
- Understands the mission, values and principles of APIAHF and applies them in work responsibilities.
- Participates in other activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees as requested.
- Attends APIAHF and Board of Directors meetings.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Pace of work is fast.
- Standing time required is 20% including walking
- Time speaking and listening: range of 50-60%
- Ability to travel: range of 5-10%
- Decision making impact: high
- Bilingual Skills: Preferred
- License or credentials: Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject heading “Senior Executive Administrator Application.” Deadline for application is February 28, 2019.